ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties include: (1) Configuration and deployment of desktops/laptops/mobile devices; (2) end user support and troubleshooting; (3) Microsoft application support.
- Inside Help Desk support, the IT Support Specialist acknowledges assigned Help Desk tickets in a timely manner. This employee resolves tickets and documents the solution in the Help Desk database using the Help Desk software.
- In PC support and troubleshooting, the IT Support Specialist configures and deploys new desktops/laptops/tablets/printers; troubleshoots existing devices and peripherals; and installs and troubleshoots both standard and specialized applications.
- The IT Support Specialist provides thorough and timely support to our Enterprise facilities such as ice rinks, indoor tennis facilities, and a public garden, to ensure point-of-sale systems are operational for ticket sales.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide end-user support in one or more functional areas such as desktop support, telecommunications, mobile devices, file server access, peripherals and software support.
- Install, configure and test hardware/software and peripheral equipment.
- Under supervision, conduct system analysis to determine end-user needs for new software or hardware.
- Participate in performing network administration tasks
- Under direction, place service calls to providers during outages or intermittent problems
- Keep supervisor informed of work activities, progress, and problems.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and software in use at the Commission.
- Effectively communicate in writing and orally, including making oral presentations at meetings.